A man accused of forcing his girlfriend to walk naked through the streets of Harlem as punishment for talking to other men has been arrested, police confirmed.
Jason Melo, 24, allegedly beat and choked his 22-year-old girlfriend in front of her two-month-old daughter before forcing her to strip off and walk through the freezing streets outside their apartment.
In a series of ten Instagram videos posted yesterday, Melo, speaking in Spanish, appears to confess to the crime before begging for forgiveness, saying: 'I am not as bad as you think.'
But despite his repeated apologies, just 24 hours earlier Melo posted another video in which a man mocks the woman's cruel punishment by imitating her walking around naked.
Univision reports that Melo and his girlfriend have a two-month-old child together, though it is not clear if the infant was present at the time of the attack.
According to sources, who spoke to the New York Daily News, Melo punched his girlfriend in the face and crotch, choked her, then threatened to kill her unless she undressed.
Dressed in nothing but a towel, Melo is then accused of leading her outside while filming and shouting that she is a 'b****' and a 'w****'.
He shouts in Spanish: 'Take off your towel! Co-operate b****. Show what you are, so pretty and so great. She's a tart. Let's go. Let's go. Say hi to the camera and say why you're doing this.
'Take off your towel and pay the price for the shame I feel after telling you how pretty you were and that I wanted to start a family with you, but it the meantime you were talking to seven other men.'
The woman retorts: 'But not to have sex with them.'
This only serves to anger him further and he scoffs: 'Oh wow, not to have sex! But conversations about kissing, with "love", "babe" and the pictures.'
As she continued to walk away from him, he said: 'Take off your towel. You're going to pay the price like a w****'. Since you're a w****, pose like a w****. Damn w****'
'Now the guys you're talking to will see if you're worth it, talking to seven men while I was with you.'
He then ripped the towel from her, leaving her completely naked in the street, apart from a pair of boots. As she tried to hide between parked cars, he continued to hurl insults at her.
She then tried to cover her modesty with the protective sheet from a motorbike.
As she stands with the sheet wrapped round her, he says: 'Now, like that, yes. That's what you're worth. Do you really think I'm going to stay with you while you're sending and receiving naked pictures, you damn b****?'
She then replied saying: 'Give me the towel,' but he refuses, telling her bluntly: 'This is what you deserve.'
Melo, who lives in Harlem but is believed to be from the Dominican Republic, describes himself alternately as a 'entrepreneur' and a 'comedian' on social media.
At the top of his Instagram page, he writes: 'How Good It Feel Knowing That I Will Be Millionaire And Successful Forever.'
His page is then littered with pictures of him posing in suits, alongside motivational posters, including one that reads: 'Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you no one would believe it.'
Other images show him drinking champagne, smoking cigars, and dining out at fancy restaurants.
In videos posted at the top of his page, Melo says: 'I was wrong to do what I did, sending her out naked, I apologize. If I could turn back time I wouldn't do it.'
'Please forgive me, I want you all to know that I am not as bad as you think. I just want to tell you all that I feel bad, as a man. You don't know what was going through my mind.
'I came from a woman, I have a daughter, and I have two sisters. But look what you pushed me to do. I am sorry for everything.
'This the last video I will make, I don't want any interviews, I don't want anything.'
In a written comment below the final video, he writes: 'Last thing from me, just that I feel so bad about this cruelty that it's opened my eyes to a person I loved blindly.
'I hope my family is OK and that I will stay strong, I have a world ahead of me with goals to achieve, I won't do anything else to affect my life, I apologize to ALL the mothers.'
Univision reporters say they have been provided with pictures of previous abuse the girlfriend has suffered at Melo's hands.


definitely possesed
ReplyDelete