A former Deputy Governor of Abia State,
Chief Chris Akomas, says the state government owes him his severance
allowance to the tune of N425 million.
Akomas was the deputy governor to the
immediate past governor, Theodore Orji, but was impeached by the state
House of Assembly towards the end of his tenure based on allegations of
gross misconduct.
The former deputy governor, who has
since defected to the All Progressives Congress, stated this in Umuahia,
the Abia State capital, while fielding questions from journalists after
Senator Nkechi Nwogu was received by the state’s leadership of the APC.
He said, “The Abia State Government
knows that it owes me and I know I will be paid one day because I have
worked for the state.”
Akomas also disagreed with people who
hold the opinion that the South-East did not vote for President
Muhammadu Buhari and APC at the last general elections.
He argued that although the APC did not
record massive support in the zone, members of the party were able to
neutralise the powers of the Peoples Democratic Party which hitherto
considered the zone as its exclusive territory.
Source: the punchng

No comments:
Post a Comment